Welsh Slate is committed to conducting its business in an environmentally responsible manner by maximising the environmental benefits, minimising the environmental impact and promoting sustainable development within its operations and services.
It is specifically resolved to:
- Utilising every tonne of slate for its optimum performance and value
- Continually improving performance in all aspects of its environmental impact through the elimination of pollution at source
- Reducing energy consumption and the production of CO2 emissions year on year through the adoption of better techniques and new technologies
- Achieving operational excellence
- Minimising waste; recycling where necessary and re-using where possible all materials at the highest point in the value chain
- Complying with relevant legislation, codes of practice, industrial standards and other requirements.
- Maintaining environmental management systems certified to ISO 14001:2004
- Sympathetic restoration and reinstatement of its sites through the use of natural materials and indigenous species to maintain and enhance where possible the character of each location
- Providing resources and training to manage impacts effectively
- An ongoing critical review of its policies and procedures to address current best practices
- Monitoring and measuring potential environmental impact through the use of real time air quality monitoring equipment powered by renewable energy VIEW DATA